1. Book Challenge 2012: Maybe I got a little cocky after such a good start in January. Not only did I finish fewer books in February, but I bought almost as many as I read. At least I had been hunting a long time for one of the books I bought; I've been searching for John Drummond's Thirty Years in the Trenches ever since I read his other book three years ago. February totals: 7 books finished, 6 books purchased. Overall totals: 18 books finished, 13 books purchased.
2. Cut down on e-mail: I cancelled a couple of infrequent subscriptions.
3. Drive less: This one is still going well. I combined a bunch of errands into a couple of trips, and I resisted the urge to just get in the car and drive after Gracie died.
4. Physical activity: No progress. Actually, one could argue I took a big step back. I had been planning to take long, vigorous walks with Gracie more frequently, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Rosco stops and sniffs too much to provide much exercise.
5. Drink more: I'd say I held steady on this one -- I drank a little more water but a little less booze.
6. Dine and shop locally: I'm doing better with this. I ran a bunch of errands on foot last Sunday when the weather was nice.
7. Clean and declutter: I'm still just chipping away at piles here and there.
8. Enhance and expand my web presence: No progress.
9. Figure out my professional future: While watching the Super Bowl, I had the revelation that I loathe the manipulative nature of advertising. So why the Hell did I want to be a copywriter? It was a real "duh!" moment. This insight doesn't rule out all business writing, but it's clear that ad copy will not be my path to happiness.
10. Floss regularly: I resisted keeping some sort of "potty chart", but I managed to floss about 15 times in February. "Every other day" is quite an improvement over "once every couple weeks", but I can still do better.
It's too bad I didn't set a goal this year for catching mice. I killed three of those furry little bastards in February.